Workshop Terms & Conditions
Polymer Clay Carnival 2019
The Polymer Clay Carnival Australia 2019 is organised by Susannah and Suzanne Ward of 2wards Polymer Clay.
Subscribers will be invited to purchase tickets via an email and sales will be opened to the general public 3 days later.
*Early Bird discounts will apply to tickets purchased up until 7 June 2019.
Places will be allocated in the order of fully paid ticket purchases. The number of places in each class are limited to 20 but places may be increased in the event ticket sales for all classes are sufficient to warrant an increase, and providing the teacher is in agreement
Prices have been calculated on a cost recovery basis.
- Full day class $270 AUD (*Early Bird $265 AUD)
- Half day class $150 AUD (*Early Bird $145 AUD); or
- 2 x half day classes on the same day $270 AUD (*Early Bird $265 AUD) Please note: the website does not charge the discounted rate for 2 half day classes on the same day. If you book 2 half day classes on the same day, please make a request for a refund at the notes section on checkout. We require your BSB & Account number to process the refund.
- Tuition – Start time 8.45am. Tuition between 9am – 12.30 and 2.00pm -5.30pm;
- Polymer Clay and some materials for workshops;
- Printed Handout from teachers (where provided);
- Goodie Bag;
- Continuous tea & coffee and morning snack. (Please advise special dietary requirements when purchasing your ticket); and
- Entrance to the Carnival Market Happy Hour – Saturday night 6pm to 7pm
- Travel expenses, accommodation & meals.
Participants must bring:
- Basic polymer clay tools to work with. (No motorised pasta machines due to noise).
- A list of specific materials & equipment required for individual classes will be provided when tickets are purchased.
Accommodation at Rydges Esplanade Hotel
- A rate of $130 per room per night has been negotiated with Rydges Esplanade Hotel, Fremantle and should be available until 15 July 2019. Please note: Bookings made after that date may not be at that rate (at the discretion of the hotel manager).
- Other accommodation is available in Fremantle within walking distance of the venue.
- You will receive an invitation to a Facebook group where you may find others to share rooms, transport etc.
Airport Transfers to Rydges Esplanade Hotel, Fremantle
- Use the event Facebook Group to co-ordinate arrival times for picks ups, shared Taxi’s, Ubers etc.
- Taxi – Approximately $65 or Uber $33 – $44
- Bus from Airport to Elizabeth Quay in Perth City, then a taxi or Uber to the hotel.
- More information available here: https://www.perthairport.com.au/to-and-from-the-airport
- Bus from International Airport – $4.80 (use the same ticket for bus and train journey). Take the 380 bus (leaves every 30 minutes) to St Georges Terrace, walk from there to the Perth Train Station, go to the Fremantle line at the Train Station, take the train to Fremantle and get off at Fremantle Train Station. 6 minute walk from the train station in Fremantle to the Rydges Esplanade Hotel.
- Bus from Domestic Airport – $4.80 / seniors card holders get a discount (use the same ticket for bus and train journey). Take the 935 or 40 bus and get off at St Georges Terrace in Perth, walk from there to the Perth Train Station. Go to the Fremantle line at the Train Station, take the train to Fremantle and get off at Fremantle Train Station. 6 minute walk from the train station in Fremantle to the Rydges Esplanade Hotel.
- Driver / chauffeur- $85.00 https://www.viator.com/tours/Fremantle/Airport-Transfer-Fremantle-to-Perth-Airport/d22027-13237P8
Payments to be made by the following methods:
- Bank Transfer – In one payment or through a series of payments. Note: Final payment must be received by 31 July 2019.
- International Wired Funds Transfer
ACCOUNT NO 888594808
ACCOUNT NAME: SL & SJ Ward
ADDRESS: 169 Urch Road, Yetna, WA 6532
- Credit card – by telephone 0429 184 555 or 0447 943 858 during AWST business hours. Please note: 1.5% transaction fee (as charged by the bank) will be applied to credit card payments.
By registering for a class, you agree to the following conditions:
- Cancel before 30 June – Full refund.
- Cancel before 15 July – 50% refund.
- Cancel before 31 July 2019 – 30% refund.
- Cancel requests made from 1 August to within 24 hours of the class date/time will not receive a refund but may be transferred to a different person. Please ensure you advise us of this.
The organisers reserve the right to cancel certain classes if the minimum number of participants has not been reached by 15 July 2019. Placement in other classes or reimbursement of fees paid will be offered.
The organisers reserve the right to cancel the event if the minimum number of participants has not been reached by 31 July 2019. Participants are advised to add “Cancel for any Reason” insurance when purchasing travel insurance. Any payments made for class fees only would be reimbursed in full.
Transfer Ticket to Another
If, for whatever reason, you decide not to participate you may make your own arrangements to transfer your place to another participant. Please inform us in writing by emailing: email@example.com
The organizers of the event and classes assume no responsibility in the event of accidents to people or things, breakdowns or thefts that may occur during the entire duration of the event. In the event of illness or force majeure the event may be cancelled and we will undertake to run it on another date if possible, otherwise participants will be reimbursed the value of class fees only. No travel or accommodation costs may be claimed from the organisers.
Copyright & Confidentiality
By attending this event, attendees agree the techniques taught by the teachers will not be made into tutorials or the instructions transmitted or passed on to others in any form.